Thursday, January 21, 2010

A room without a view

Some of you probably already know the whole story of S's suspected chronic appendicitis, but even if you don't I won't go into all the details here. Suffices to say that S was admitted to the hospital today and he is now, as I type, sleeping off his anesthesia while his appendix rests in a jar.

He is in the same hospital were I went for the same surgery in November, but I had a much better room, with a nice view. His room instead is a little dark and the small window has a not very promising greenish glass. I haven't investigated the view any further but all in all it is a bit depressing. In any case, he will come home tomorrow evening and if he is smart (and is given enough drugs) he will probably spend the time until then sleeping.

I am home alone with the two little guys, but so far all is going well. Should I be scared?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...