Monday, May 2, 2011

Oooops..

Apparently I had forgotten one more thing that happens in May: it's the day of the Federal Elections here in Canada! Well, I can't vote, so maybe I have that excuse.

I love Canada for so many reasons. One is that our elderly hippy neighbor who keeps his long white hair collected in a ponytail and drives a Harley, has a banner in his yard supporting the conservative candidate. And the couple across the street has a banner supporting the liberal candidate. And it's ok, everybody is still friends.

It might be because, like my quebequois friend from grad school put it once, the most aggressive event around here is the annual pillow-fighting event in Ottawa.. (I think it was a joke, I don't think they really do it - but I know that in Roma sometimes they throw chairs at each other in parliament, so even if they do the pillow fighting thing in Ottawa, they still win hands down)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...